On November 1st, a geophysical survey will be conducted at turbine locations of SMart Wind’s proposed Project One in the Hornsea zone. Fugro’s vessel MV Bucentaur will carry out the survey with the support ...read more →
On November 1st, a geophysical survey will be conducted at turbine locations of SMart Wind’s proposed Project ...read more →
In an effort to stabilize and reduce energy prices, False Pass is looking into harnessing tidal power, writes ...read more →
European Heads of State missed the opportunity to set an ambitious target for renewable energy in the 2030 climate ...read more →
The world’s most experienced offshore wind companies are visiting Baltimore to share their knowledge and meet with ...read more →
The States of Guernsey have prepared draft secondary legislation (an Ordinance) for public consultation under ...read more →
Intervale Capital has signed a definitive agreement to sell Proserv Group Inc. to Riverstone Holdings LLC ...read more →
UK Offshore Wind Trade Mission to the Netherlands
This 2-day programme will offer delegates a detailed overview of the offshore wind developments and opportunities in the Netherlands in the coming decade. You will have the opportunity to attend presentations by qualified speakers with in-market experience and meet with key local players in the offshore wind industry, as well as the opportunity to network and meet with key-decision makers from these local companies.
Full benefits of participation:
- Opportunity to participate in pre-arranged group meetings and B2B meetings.
- A discounted rate on delegate fees for the Offshore Wind Installation and Maintenance Conference.
- Inclusion of your company profile in the delegation brochure.
- A chance to network and exchange information with other delegates.
- Support from UK Trade & Investment through the British Embassy in the Netherlands.
More info: eventbriteread more >
5th International Conference Drivetrain Concepts for Wind Turbines
The 2 day conference + workshop event will enable attendees to:
- Evaluate different main bearing concepts and their impact on the CoE
- Have a close look at cooling systems for DD generators to significantly increase torque
- Review case studies of multi MW drivetrain designs and discuss related challenges
- Share your view on testing requirements and standards in an open panel discussion
- Get damage statistics and explore the room for further design improvements
More info: wind-drivetrain
read more >
Wind Operator Congress
Wind Operator Congress Europe:
- Asset management and O&M in the context of a maturing wind power market
- Navigating the end-of-warranty phase: Understand the choices you face and how you can make the decisions that optimise your assets’ long-term performance
- Formulating and implementing preventative and predictive maintenance to cut costs and downtime at your wind farms
- Building and entrenching cooperative, mutually beneficial relationships between OEMs and owner/operators
- The added challenges and opportunities in O&M provided by Europe’s offshore growth
- The ever increasing role played by operational data management in wind farm O&M
- Planning for and mitigating against major component failure to enhance uptime and productivity
- Supply chain and procurement strategy to guarantee the availability of the parts you need, in the right quantity, when you need them
- The business case for excellence in health and safety and how you can guarantee effective implementation
More info: greenpowerconferences
read more >
Offshore Energy 2014
The Offshore Energy conference program addressed developments in oil and gas E&P as well as advances in wind, wave and tidal and their respective contributions to future energy supply and the challenges associated with this. The session “North Sea Exploration & Production” featured experts from WoodMackenzie, EBN, GDF SUEZ E&P Nederland BV who offered insights into the future E&P potential, put results and expectations in a historic perspective and addressed ways to maximize oil and gas recovery. For the first time, the annual Offshore WIND Installation and Maintenance Conference was held simultaneously with Offshore Energy. The conference brought together experts from every part of the wind industry to give their opinions and describe how they are working toward bringing down the price per kWh.
More info: offshore-energyread more >
The Joint Parliamentary Committee yesterday cleared the way for the multi-million pound Able Marine Energy Park ...read more →
At the European Council meeting in Brussels, the EU Heads of Government have agreed a landmark deal on climate and ...read more →
EU Heads of State today agreed upon a climate and energy framework, which fails to provide industrial leadership ...read more →
Less then a week before the Offshore Energy 2014 Exhibition and Conference in Amsterdam the coming week, Tuco ...read more →
The Superintendent Cable Lay and Cable Burial Offshore Wind Projects is responsible for and monitor our Cable Lay and Burial on board of our Cable Lay and Burial installation vessel the NEXUS ...apply
Glomar Offshore Wind Support B.V., a Dutch-based operator of service vessels for the offshore wind industry, has ...read more →
In the last months, SCHOTTEL successfully tested its hydrokinetic turbines in Strangford Lough, Northern Ireland. ...read more →
Research in the growing renewable energies sector has received a national boost with a $770,000 Australian ...read more →
Research into the optimal design for ocean wave energy converters is set to enter the next phase thanks to a ...read more →
On October 10, China Longyuan Power held the 2014 offshore wind power reverse roadshow and gave a systematic ...read more →
Dalby Offshore have recruited two apprentices to gain a ‘Workboat Apprenticeship’ working in ...read more →
The development of offshore wind operations and maintenance in the North Sea comes under the spotlight at a high ...read more →
Mojo Maritime signed a contract with James Fisher Marine Services Ltd (JFMS) which will see them provide ...read more →
Barge Master is nearing the completion of the construction of the first BM-T40 system. On the 14th of October, the ...read more →