US Investment Firm Buys 95% Share in Swancor Renewable Energy

US investment firm Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners has acquired a 95% stake in Swancor Renewable Energy Co. Ltd, a subsidiary of Swancor Holding.

The transaction is valued between USD 25 million and USD 101 million, Swancor said in a stock exchange filing.

Swancor Renewable Energy holds a 15% stake in the 128MW Formosa 1 offshore wind project which is currently under construction. The remaining stake is controlled by Ørsted (35%), JERA (25%), and Macquarie Capital (25%).

The company also holds a 25% stake in the 376MW Formosa 2 offshore wind farm project. The remaining 75% stake in the project is controlled by Macquarie.

Swancor will retain the remaining 5% share in the renewable energy and offshore wind entity and a seat on the board.

Photo: Ørsted/Illustration

Related news

List of related news articles