Dutch Government to Soon Announce Results of 4 GW IJmuiden Ver Offshore Wind Tender

The Dutch Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy and the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO) plan to announce the results of the tender for the IJmuiden Ver Alpha and Beta offshore wind sites on 11 June.

The application period for the two IJmuiden Ver sites, totalling 4 GW in capacity, was opened on 29 February and closed on 28 March. Shortly after the tender was closed, RVO revealed the agency had received several applications despite the current challenging conditions in offshore wind.

Related Article

The tender is for zero-subsidy offshore wind farms and consists of a comparative test (qualitative criteria) with a financial offer. The qualitative criteria include environmental and system integration solutions, as well as international corporate social responsibility and circularity requirements.

The IJmuiden Ver Alpha and Beta tender was based on points, with 85 per cent of the total number of points awarded to criteria with a social purpose. The remaining 15 per cent of points can be earned through the amount that a company is willing to pay for the permit to build and operate the offshore wind farm(s).

READ MORE

Located 62 kilometres off the west coast of the Netherlands, the IJmuiden Ver Wind Farm Zone contains three 2 GW sites: Alpha, Beta and Gamma.

The third site, IJmuiden Ver Gamma, is expected to be put out to tender in 2025.

ADVERTISE ON OFFSHOREWIND.BIZ

Get in front of your target audience in one move! OffshoreWIND.biz is read by thousands of offshore wind professionals daily.

Follow offshoreWIND.biz on: