Ocean Ecology and Åkerblå to Work Together in Offshore Wind

Norwegian environmental and technical consultancy Åkerblå Group is buying into UK-based marine and environmental survey specialist Ocean Ecology with an aim to work in offshore wind.

Åkerblå Group is acquiring 51% of the shares in Ocean Ecology, while the founders and current owners will retain the remaining 49% and continue to develop the company together with Åkerblå.

The companies plan to capitalize on their combined competence to build up a joint service offering for the Norwegian offshore wind industry.

Following the completion of the transaction, Åkerblå’s CEO Roger Sørensen and CFO Frode Westbye will join the Ocean Ecology board of directors.

“Ocean Ecology are one of the UK’s leading players in marine ecological monitoring for offshore wind farm developers. In combination with Åkerblå Group’s local presence, we aim to build up a joint service offering to cater for the emerging Norwegian offshore wind industry,” said Roger Sørensen, CEO of Åkerblå Group.

“Ocean Ecology and Åkerblå are companies with a history of healthy growth and financial performance. We will together become an even more robust and reliable partner for offshore wind developers in UK, Norway and further afield.”