DNV GL to Host Innovation Day
DNV GL is celebrating both its 150th anniversary as well as the first anniversary since forming the world’s leading certification body in June. To mark this occasion, DNV GL is inviting those interested in the issues shaping the future to its Innovation Day, taking place on 25 June 2014 at DNV GL’s Hamburg headquarters.
What will the world look like in 2050? Which developments and challenges for society, the economy and environment are looming across the globe and how will they have an impact on maritime transport, energy, sanitation and food? And how can these industries set a course for the future that is safer, smarter and greener?
As part of a range of comprehensive studies conducted over a period of two years, 200 experts from DNV GL investigated and gathered answers to these questions from around the world. Now, the results are being presented for the first time in Germany.
Those who join DNV GL at Innovation Day will hear and discuss the following topics:
- The Future Of Shipping: In anticipation of intense public scrutiny, tightening restrictions and huge efficiency gains, we have analysed six technology pathways that can contribute to making the shipping industry safer, smarter and greener.
- Adaption To A Changing Climate: In light of greenhouse gases and their impact on climate change, we have been developing tools to help both businesses and communities adapt to this new risk reality.
- A Safe And Sustainable Future: Changing course to a safer and more sustainable future will depend on our ability to work together, to act quickly and to harvest opportunities both today and tomorrow.
- Arctic Shipping: While centuries of experience have resulted in a good understanding of the risks involved in shipping around the world, knowledge of Arctic shipping is limited.
- Electrifying The Future: Exploring, developing and enabling sustainable power generation through a balanced mix of renewable energy sources will help increase efficiency and reduce greenhouse gas emissions across all industries.
- The Cost And Compliance Challenge: What are the upcoming regulations with the most potential impact on the maritime industry and how can compliance be achieved in the most cost efficient manner?
With its Innovation Day, DNV GL is setting out to engage in a long-term dialogue with stakeholders from business, society and respective industries. This event therefore serves as a kick-off – presenting today’s vital issues and the trends within these maritime industries from the perspective of an independent technical advisor.