Japanese SoftBank Confirms Building of 100MW Ibaraki Offshore Wind Farm

SB Energy Corp., a subsidiary of the Japanese SoftBank Corp., today confirmed that it will construct an offshore wind farm in Japan.

Japanese SoftBank Confirms Building of 100MW Ibaraki Offshore Wind Farm

The plan is to install 20 wind turbines with a 5MW capacity off Kamisu in Ibaraki prefecture.

The wind farm is being developed by the Japanese wind energy company Wind Power Energy Co., a joint venture between SB Energy, which owns a 49.9% stake, and Komatsuzaki Group, which holds the remaining 50.1%.

Offshore WIND Staff, July 01, 2014; Image: Siemens
Related news

List of related news articles

Posted: 7 months ago

Swedish Offshore Wind Farm Is No More

Offshore wind O&M specialist Ziton has completed the decommissioning of the Utgrunden offshore ...

Categories:
  • Business & Finance
Posted: 7 months ago
Posted: 4 months ago

TEPCO Ponders 1GW Offshore Wind Farm in Japan

Tokyo Electric Power Company Holdings (TEPCO) is mulling a 1,000MW project in Japan that could be bu...

Categories:
  • Business & Finance
Posted: 4 months ago
Posted: 7 months ago

Virginia Affirms Offshore Wind Ambitions

Virginia's Governor Ralph Northam has released the 2018 Virginia Energy Plan which calls for the dev...

Categories:
  • Authorities
Posted: 7 months ago
Posted: 7 months ago

Germany Readies New Offshore Wind Call

Germany's ruling coalition has agreed to issue a special call to tender for additional renewable ene...

Categories:
  • Authorities
Posted: 7 months ago