Great Lakes Shipyard Becomes Official Builder of Damen Designs
Great Lakes Shipyard and B.V. Scheepswerf Damen Gorinchem (Damen) have entered into a five-year partnership authorizing Great Lakes Shipyard as an official builder of Damen designs.
Great Lakes Shipyard will now offer the best of both worlds, the wide range and international experience of Damen designs, and American craftsmanship from a high quality U.S. builder. This combination creates the perfect environment for further development of proven designs to establish Great Lakes Shipyard’s Damen Series, a collection of marine products for the following markets:
- Harbor & Terminal: Ranging from towage and movements services such as Stan Tugs, launches, pilots and boats to harbor services such as work barges, skimmers, dredgers, and high-speed craft.
- Offshore: Ranging from fast crew suppliers to sophisticated state-of-the-art deep sea anchor handlers.
- Offshore Wind: Ranging from wind farm support vessels, fast crew boats, and shoalbusters to wind farm maintenance barges and the fully integrated infrastructure support vessel, the Damen “Sea Base.”
- Defense & Security: Ranging from security and patrol vessels such as Interceptors and Stan Patrols to amphibious support ships and naval auxiliaries.
- Public Transport: Ranging from ultra-modern ferries, water taxis, and water buses, to RoPax and double Ended.
- Fishing: Trawlers
- Pontoons & Barges: Ranging from multi-purpose and submersible pontoons, and research vessels to truckable products, cranes, and specialty barges.
Great Lakes Shipyard’s Damen Series is designed by Damen, proudly built by Great Lakes Shipyard, and made in the U.S.A. The agreement also provides for Damen technical services, including experienced personnel for onsite management and supervision on any and all construction projects.
Now, all of the technology and know-how of Damen, including drawings, specifications and design information, is at the fingertips of Great Lakes Shipyard for the benefit of their customers in the United States.