Rotterdam Offshore Group Established
- Business & Finance
Serdijn Ship Repair and Zwagerman Offshore Services have established a joint company under the name Rotterdam Offshore Group (ROG).
The ideas and activities of Serdijn and Zwagerman are complementary, so a complete portfolio can be offered to clients. Existing markets and new market segments will be addressed in seven business modules:
- Mobilization and demobilization, maintenance: For offshore vessels such as PSV,OSV, Seismic-, Dredging-, Jack-Up Wind Turbine Installation Vessels, (crane) barges and platforms.
- Conversions and yard repairs: For merchant and offshore vessels at the Group’s jetties with support of its workshop.
- Port and voyage repairs or maintenance: With trucks, floating and mobile equipment, all kind of projects can be executed in the Rotterdam- and adjacent Ports or during the voyage.
- Heavy-lift and floating cranes: Max 1400T.
- Supplier, sales/rental, and storage of equipment: Used in offshore exploration such as cranes, winches.
- Construction work: For any kind of vessel, barge, platform in the offshore and marine industry.
- High end On Site Mechanical Services: Alignments, vibration and 3D measurements, 3D scanning and on site machining.
ROG is located at Pier 4 in the Waalhaven area where a new cluster of maritime companies, Port Valley, is being established . The facilities of ROG include jetties with alongside lay-by facilities for vessels up to 190 meter and 9.5 meter of depth. There is sufficient crane capacity, including a large range of floating cranes up to 1,400 tons upon demand.
The yard area is over 14,000 m2 with a fully equipped workshop.
Press release, February 5, 2014; Image: Rotterdam Offshore Group