Vattenfall has issued an invitation for tenders for the provision of offshore wind marine warranty services. According to the tender’s NUTS code, the places of delivery of the contract(s) include Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands, Sweden, and the UK.
The company intends to enter a 4-year framework agreement with several operators, with three being the maximum envisaged number of participants to the agreement.
The total value of the contracts is estimated to range between EUR 500,000 and EUR 1.5 million.
Interested parties can apply by 15 September 2017.
The Marine Warranty Surveyor (MWS) will review all construction procedures and calculations related to any marine operations, as well as inspect all related construction equipment and offshore work in order to issue the appropriate certificates of the compliance with the relevant regulations and standards as well as Insurer’s policies and requirements.
According to Vattenfall’s tender notice, the applicants must have an office with key personnel in North, West, and/or South Europe and/or Poland, and must have a minimum of 15 Surveyors, Engineers and Master Mariners in total, directly and permanently employed.
If the requirements are met, the tenders will be evaluated based on the technical capacity. To be able/allowed to carry out the required services, personnel must have:
- Sufficient theoretical and practical knowledge including relevant formal qualification(s) such as an marine operations / engineering degree and/or trade qualification(s);
- At least 5 years’ experience within the marine warranty industry related to construction procedures and calculations, any marine operations and inspection of all related construction equipment and offshore wind work;
- At least 3 years’ of work experience in offshore wind;
- 2 years’ experience of vessel inspections;
- Proficiency in relevant standards including Eurocodes and DIN, ISO and DNV GL Guidelines;
- Read and understand design and workshop drawings;
- Be medically fit and have the relevant HSE certificates to carry out the Services; GWO certificates must be provided.
Vattenfall operates over 1,000 turbines in Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and the UK, with projects currently in planning, under development or under construction including: Horns Rev 3, Kriegers Flak and two nearshore wind farms in Denmark, Aberdeen Bay Offshore Wind farm in Scotland, Global Tech II Offshore Wind Project in Germany, and Norfolk Vanguard and Norfolk Boreas offshore wind farms in the UK.