Norway: Simon Møkster Orders Subsea Vessel from Simek
Møkster increases its focus on the subsea market by ordering a new vessel specially designed for ROV work, survey, diving and light construction work. In addition, the vessel will be able to provide services to windmill construction work.
It is designed by Multi Maritime AS in Førde and is called MM85 MSV. The vessel will be built at Simek Shipyard in Flekkefjord. The design is a further development of the two vessels Atlantis Dweller and Stril Explorer, which Møkster got in 2010/2011. Atlantis Dweller has been sold to Fugro RUE, whilst the Stril Explorer is 100% owned by Møkster. The Stril Explorer was awarded a one year contract in May, including two annual options, with Hallin Marine.
The MM85 MSV has the following main parameters:
- Length: 85,45m
- Breadth: 18,00m
- Accommodation: 90 person, SPS code
- Efficient logistics and facilities for management of subsea operations
- DPII with diesel electric propulsion
- 60T active hiv compensated crane (2000m), 10T whip line (2000m) og 10T dykkekran til 100m.
- Large WROV/diving hangar
- Two decks (Shelter and main deck) – 1175m2 area
- Shallow draft for “near” land operations
- Focus on working environment for crew as engines are placed aft on ship to reduce noise
- Good station keeping with two azimuths and one tunnel thruster in the bow section
Møkster will continue the cooperation with Simek and Multi Maritime. Simek has previously delivered two PSV’s to it on time, with very high standards. The new vessel will be delivered in May 2014.
Offshore WIND staff, June 1, 2012; Image: Simon Møkster