Eolien Maritime France Seeks Met Masts for Offshore Wind Farms
The scope concerns one met mast and its foundation for environmental monitoring, designed, manufactured, delivered, transported, installed, commissionned for the offshore wind farm site of Courseulles-sur-Mer (between 12km and 25km from the coast).
The optional scope is:
– Pile driving test(s) (only for monopile foundations type);
– Design, manufacturing, delivery, transportation, installation, commissionning of an offshore met mast for the offshore site of Saint Nazaire;
– Design, manufacturing, delivery, transportation, installation, commissioning of an offshore met mast for the offshore site of Fecamp;
– Operation and maintenance of the met mast(s) installed for a first period of 2 years, plus 2 periods of one year;
– Certification of met mast(s).
The European Consortium led by the EDF Group has won the French offshore wind energy call for tenders for the Saint-Nazaire, Courseulles-sur-Mer and Fécamp projects in April. These projects, corresponding up to 1,500 MW of new installed capacity, go hand in hand with an ambitious industrial plan which should create about 7,500 direct and indirect jobs.
Offshore WIND staff, July 13, 2012