Vattenfall Installs Its 1000th Wind Turbine

Vattenfall installed its 1000th wind turbine last week at DanTysk offshore wind farm situated west of the island of Sylt.

Vattenfall Installs Its 1000th Wind Turbine

The Siemens 3.6 MW wind turbine was installed at the location DT19, within the 70 square kilometres area covered by the wind farm.

Vattenfall currently operates 944 wind turbines in five countries from its surveillance center in Esbjerg, amounting to a total installed capacity of around 1.9GW.

The project is being developed by the DanTysk Offshore Wind GmbH  joint venture, with Vattenfall owning 51 percent of shares, while Stadtwerke München holds the other 49 percent.

After its completion, the 288MW wind farm will be able to supply electricity to around 400,000 homes.

Offshore WIND staff, July 29, 2014; Image: dantysk

 

Related news

List of related news articles