Project Manager Offshore Wind
Are you up for the challenge of working on offshore projects all over the world? Are you creative, do you have innovative ideas and are you interested in a job in which you are challenged every day? For our offshore wind projects we are looking for a Project Manager. A Project Manager is ultimately responsible for completing (a package / subproject of) an offshore wind project according to contract agreements and for the efficient deployment of people and equipment.
- Ensures that the project activities carried out are in accordance with the applicable legislation, industry standards, the Van Oord management system and agreed guidelines and regulations of customers;
- Responsible for the team performance with good social and communicative skills;
- Creating creative, technical solutions in a manner that the project is successfully managed and completed with all available means and within the set term;
- Responsible for sound contract management, risk management and planning;
- Achieve maximum operational results with maximum profit and with sufficient attention for quality and safe working;
- Managing and planning project finances;
- Coordinate and agree on project deviations and additional costs with the customer;
- Keeps all important stakeholders informed of the relevant parts of the project / package;
- Responsible for maintaining and strengthening internal and external working relationships with the client, supervisory bodies, subcontractors and suppliers that are connected to the project.
- Bachelor or Master in Civil Engineering or similar, supplemented with courses in technical, management and project management;
- At least 5 years of project management experience preferably with offshore wind projects;
- Demonstrable managerial, communicative and commercial skills;
- Flexibility and stress resistance;
- Good knowledge of the English language;
- Willingness to work abroad.
We offer you a position in which you will have an important contribution to our mission 'building a better world for future generations'. In addition, we offer you:
- a salary that matches your responsibilities and experience;
- Additional allowances for working on board / on project locations abroad;
- Travel allowance (€0.31 per km) and home office allowance (€2,15 per day);
- 32 leave days per year;
- Variable bonus;
- Pension scheme;
- Collective health insurance (optional);
- Flexible working from home policy, 2 days a week when working on a full-time basis;
- Extensive learning and (personal) development possibilities, including a wide range of online courses via Goodhabitz;
- You can join communities, like Young Van Oord, Van Oord Women and the Van Oord staff association;
- We organise several (sport) events, e.g. winter sport, weekend of sailing, cycling and a motorcycle tour.
About Van Oord
Van Oord is a Dutch family-owned company with more than 150 years of experience as an international marine contractor. The focus is on dredging and marine construction, offshore wind, offshore infrastructure and infrastructure in the Netherlands. Its head office is in Rotterdam. Van Oord employs 4,700 staff, who worked on 187 projects in 35 countries in 2021. The fleet consists of about 70 vessels and a large amount of special-purpose and auxiliary equipment. Van Oord delivers marine ingenuity by using smart, innovative and sustainable solutions to create a better world for future generations.
Do you want to be a part of Van Oord?
Interested? Apply via the application form below. Do you have any questions? Please contact Floris Wijnveldt.
Do you like to know more about and want to stay informed of other vacancies within Van Oord? Climb aboard and follow us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Vimeo and Facebook!
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.