Technical Asset Manager (Operations)
Where you fit in
Shell’s Renewables & Energy Solutions business was created in 2016 and leads the development and growth of Shell’s integrated power business, including low-carbon sources like wind and solar, new mobility options like electric vehicle charging and lower-carbon fuel options like hydrogen for industry and road transport. Shell is rapidly expanding its Offshore Wind business. This is an excellent opportunity to join a company with an international offshore wind portfolio.
The Technical Asset Manager (TAM), working closely with the Crosswind Operations & Maintenance Manager, is responsible for ensuring asset integrity of the Dutch offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Noord. Specifically during the operation readiness phase and operate phase. You will act as the technical advisor for the project in consideration of the full life of the asset and representing the Operate phase. The TAM is focused on long term strategic integrity, technical compliance & improvements.
What’s the role?
During the Construction phase the Technical Asset Manager works in a small and hands’on Operation readiness team lead by the Operation and Maintenance manager. Ensuring that the technical aspects are in place and Hollandse Kust Noord Windfarm is ready to operate when first power to the transmission grid becomes available. On handover to Operations, the TAM will work collaboratively with the third-party technical team and establish clear boundaries of responsibilities to the benefit of the windfarm.
More specific responsibilities include:
- In Construct phase: Hands’ on work in a small Operation readiness team to plan, procure, create processes and systems for the asset. This is in cooperation with key contractors and stakeholders.
- In Operate phase: Identify, track, and respond to long term integrity trends, serial defects, remedial solutions, and warranty cases
- Control major component exchange provisions within Wind Turbine Service and Availability contract
- Represent Crosswind in industry technical working groups, user groups, maintain an active insight into developing technology, maintenance methodology, R&D projects
- Auditing of technical and contractual compliance for all Crosswind contractors, including third party Asset Management Services, Wind Turbine and Balance of Plant operations & maintenance services
- Ensure preparedness plans for significant high-cost low probability events, such as blade failure or array cable failure are in place and accurate
What we need from you?
We’re keen to speak from individuals with operations and technical knowledge base for offshore wind, turbine technology, civil, mechanical, electrical & aviation background.
We also hope you possess the following skills and experience:
- Understanding of offshore Health, Safety & Environmental requirements
- Experience in reviewing technical and operational documentation
- Track record in Maintenance, Reliability, operations excellence value creation
- Understanding of KPI and value drivers of offshore rotating equipment
- Commercial / contractual awareness to support team with technical input to commercial matters
- Fluent in English & preferably Dutch
Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around 10,000 in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career.
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
According to the United Nations, the global population could increase to more than 10 billion people. A key role for society – and for Shell – is to find ways to meet the growing demand for energy, with less carbon emissions. We need people who dare to think differently – to take part in developing tomorrow’s energy solutions today.