Commercial Delivery Advisor NL Power Market
This is an exciting opportunity for you to be part of the Shell’s Renewables & Energy Solutions business and play a key role in Shell’s ambition to grow our market share for both power and natural gas in the large industrial and commercial segment, while having secured material value through energy solutions by 2025.
Where you fit in
Shell’s Renewables & Energy Solutions business was created in 2016 and leads the development and growth of Shell’s integrated power business, including low-carbon sources like wind and solar, new mobility options like electric vehicle charging and lower-carbon fuel options like hydrogen for industry and road transport. Shell continues to provide customers with more renewable and low-carbon power, helping customers to switch to these options through energy solutions and decarbonisation services.
What’s the role?
As Commercial Delivery Advisor, you’ll the linking pin between business, IT and the NL power system, founded on system implementation knowledge on the one hand and a deep knowledge of the NL system.
The power (industry) system differs from country to country across Europe. Connect with similar functions in the targeted B2B countries in Europe to understand these differences and their implication for the design and implementation of tools/processes/systems. Guide the local versus regional decisions.
What we need from you?
We’re keen to speak from individuals with hands-on experience, preferably in gas or power; and an interest in the power sector and growing Shell’s business in this area (Power Trading/ Sales and Renewables and Energy Solutions). You must have the commercial awareness and technical understanding of the Dutch Power Market.
Furthermore, we hope you possess the following skills:
An innovative place to work
There’s never been a more exciting time to work at Shell. Everyone here is helping solve one of the biggest challenges facing the world today: bringing the benefits of energy to everyone on the planet, whilst managing the risks of climate change.
Join us and you’ll add your talent and imagination to a business with the power to shape the future – whether by investing in renewables, exploring new ways to store energy or developing technology that helps the world to use energy more efficiently.
An inclusive place to work
To power progress together, we need to attract and develop the brightest minds and make sure every voice is heard. Here are just some of the ways we’re nurturing an inclusive environment – one where you can express your ideas, extend your skills and reach your potential.
A rewarding place to work
Combine our creative, collaborative environment and global operations with an impressive range of benefits and joining Shell becomes an inspired career choice.
We’re huge advocates for career development. We’ll encourage you to try new roles and experience new settings. By pushing people to reach their potential, we frequently help them find skills they never knew they had, or make career moves they never thought possible.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Design and implementation of tools/processes/systems enhancing Shell’s capability to supply power to customers at (B2B) scale.
- Ensure Shell’s direction of travel regarding these tools/processes/systems is firmly and logically build on the NL power (industry) system and supports the B2B commercial activities
- Continuously look for improvements in existing tools/processes/systems targeting a very high degree of automation without neglecting the bespoke nature of B2B power supply.
- Assist B2B Operations in solving nonstandard and/or complex customer requests (often related to data and data reconciliation).
- Develop and implement bespoke customer solutions where a business case can be made in close collaboration with B2B commercial.
- Participate in the relevant industry external workgroups to provide input and to maintain Shell’s license to operate.
- Understanding of the design and operation of power grids, power systems and deregulated power markets
- Strong IT skills (MS Excel, Powerpoint, Word, databases inc. MS Access, programming VB, Python and use of bespoke packages for the Utility industries)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, experience in delivery of projects
- Self-starter and able to think from concept into implementation with focus on delivery
- Must be fluent English and Dutch (written and spoken)
- We’re creating a space where people with disabilities can excel through transparent recruitment process, workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Feel free to let us know about your circumstances when you apply and we’ll take it from there.
- We’re closing the gender gap – whether that’s through action on equal pay or by enabling more women to reach senior roles in engineering and technology.
- We’re striving to be a pioneer of an inclusive and diverse workplace, promoting equality for employees regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
- We consider ourselves a flexible employer and want to support you finding the right balance. We encourage you to discuss this with us in your application.