Femern Link Contractors, FLC
Marine ETO - Electro Technical Officer
For the offshore activities in FLC Marine starting up Mid 2023, we are looking for a skilled and dedicated Marine ETO for the assigned vessels (multipurpose pontoon, spreader pontoon, protection layer pontoon, immersion pontoons and auxiliary equipment) for operation in the foreshore between Denmark and Germany.
The role of the ETO is to monitor all electronic and maintains electrical equipment onboard to maximize the operational safety and efficiency of the vessel. Identifies and resolves technical challenges on equipment’s and installations and provide support to operations systems on board.
Who is FLC?
Femern Link Contractors, FLC, is the joint venture responsible for the design and construction of the Northern Europe’s biggest construction project resulting in the longest immersed tunnel in the world. Our joint venture consists of nine international construction companies with individual experience in large infrastructure projects. Together, we are committed to working together to deliver a state-of-the-art immersed tunnel, portals and ramps, delivered on time and safely, in a sustainable and ethical manner.
Main responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Works under direction of the Chief Engineer
- Maintains the electrical/electronical equipment of the vessel and the subsea tools, as applicable.
- Maintenance and monitoring operational state of electrical installations on board.
- Assisting Chief Engineer in handling of daily works (especially related to electrical handling)
- Coordinating works with onshore technicians
- Identifying and recommending (critical) spare parts
- Detects, reports and solves electrical/electronical problems.
- Has a thorough knowledge of high and low voltage systems and PLC’s.
- Reads and interpretates electrical drawings easily.
- Ensures that the daily work is carried out in accordance with the HSEQ regulations.
- Perform and follow-up the Planned Vessel Maintenance System
Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in electrical/electronic engineering or a rounded vocational/technical/engineering education or an education in a similar field
- By preference, you have work experience in the maritime/offshore field
- You can collaborate, guide and support colleagues in order to assure optimal productivity.
- Preferably you have a Certificate of Competency Electro-Technical Rating III/7 or Electro-Technical Officer III/6
- Preferably, you have a valid STCW VI/1 Basic Safety Training
- You are communicative and problem solving.
- You have a team-work and hands-on mentality
Conditions of employment:
FLC considers transparent management structures, short decision-making channels, and a team-oriented environment to be extremely important. Our staff is expected to set themselves targets, achieve them independently, and take responsibility for their actions – irrespective of their position in the company.
Based in Rødbyhavn
Does this sound like you?
Then, we look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible. We will handle the applications on an ongoing basis, and we will end the recruitment process when we have found the right persons.
For HR related questions, please contact Marine Crew department on +45 2481 9442.