Senior Electrical Engineer (Project Based)
Damen Naval offers you a career that is challenging, exciting and fun in equal measure. The Naval division of the family-owned Damen Shipyards Group is established in Vlissingen and in Schiedam. It is a company with more than 1.000 professionals, and a rich tradition of naval shipbuilding, its original roots stem back more than 150 years. For more than 50 years Damen Naval has been the dedicated shipbuilder for the Royal Netherlands Navy. Based on decades of accumulated experience, Damen Naval offers navies worldwide a broad range of defence and security vessels, ranging from 7m to more than 200m in length. Damen Naval is the only supplier of naval vessels in the Netherlands. Damen Naval has delivered more than 420 vessels to satisfied customers all over the world and have has earned a reputation for excellence along the way. While taking pride in heritage, Damen Naval is also looking towards the future. Are you ready for duty?
Damen Naval is currently seeking an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer for an interim role with a duration of one year.
As Senior Electrical Engineer at Damen Naval, you will assume a range of responsibilities within the field of electrical engineering. Starting from the proposal phase, you will actively contribute by formulating design proposals and conducting meticulous calculations. Throughout the project's execution, you will collaborate with a team of fellow engineers, combining your expertise to generate comprehensive engineering documents that align with the project's requirements. Your role will involve leveraging your technical and practical knowledge to develop robust and innovative designs. Your contributions will be crucial in ensuring the successful implementation of electrical systems during the one-year assignment.
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor's or Master's degree in electrical engineering or a related discipline, along with extensive experience and knowledge in the design and installation of complex electrical systems, preferably in the domains of ships, offshore installations, or industrial settings. Knowledge of EMC regulations and compliancy precautions is essential. The ability to work effectively in complex project environments is also highly valued
As Senior Electrical Engineer (Project Based), you will:
- Contribute to the engineering process by developing deliverables such as specification documents, functional descriptions, schematic drawings, and test/validation plans.
- Perform necessary technical calculations to validate the design.
- Participate in design checks and reviews to ensure the required quality standards.
- Create technical and functional specification documents.
- Conduct cost analysis of received offers in collaboration with the Purchase department.
- Ensure full compliance with all relevant requirements and specifications imposed by Class and the customer.
- Manage vendors and subcontractors to ensure timely contributions to the project.
- Develop and documenting standards and working methods.
- Provide support in producing and submitting proposals to customers.
- Offer technical support and conducting commissioning activities for projects under contract.
As Senior Electrical Engineer (Project Based), you need to have:
- Bachelor or Master degree in electrical engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum of five years experience in and knowledge of the design and installation of complex electrical systems preferably in ships, offshore or industrial installations.
- Knowledge of EMC regulations and compliancy precautions.
- Experience to work in complex project environments.
- Good command of Dutch and English language, both written and verbal - German is a plus.
- Excellent antecedents as a pre-employment security screening is standard part of the recruitment procedure.
- Permanent multiyear EU citizenship combined with permanent EU work visa are all requirements of the recruitment process for viable candidates, given the military nature of clients and projects.
At Damen Naval, we highly value our employees, and we will support your professional and personal development. To that end, we invest in all our employees by offering:
- A technology and innovation focused, dynamic, international work environment.
- A comprehensive introduction to shipbuilding for anyone without a naval or maritime background.
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities within a diverse and rewarding work environment.
- An active social environment in terms of business culture, events & sports.
For more information about the vacancy, Damen Naval or the application process, please visit the Damen Naval website, the Damen Career Portal or call the Corporate Recruitment department on +31 (0)118- 485 000.
Damen Naval is closed from 31 July until 13 August due to the summer holiday. This will result in a delayed response to your application.
Please note, that only candidates with a permanent EU citizenship together with a permanent valid EU work visa can be considered as viable candidates. A pre-employment and security screening and investigation form part of the recruitment process. #LI-DNS1
Damen Naval does not approve commercial, contractor and/or agency or other commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered.