Tender Manager Offshore - Heavy lift & Decommissio...
As a Tender Manager, you will be responsible for analyzing international tenders and commercial opportunities and managing corresponding project proposals for complex offshore works. Under your leadership, your team shall analyze the project scope, and develop the engineering, the planning and the pricing.
As central point of contact you will establish strong relationships with (potential) clients during the whole process. You will lead and manage a tender team through application of our tender and acquisition processes; you will motivate and empower your tender team members from the various DEME Offshore specialists support departments, such as Engineering, Legal, Insurance, Finance, Project Controls. Through facilitating excellent team communication and efficiency, you will support ownership and maximize innovation, targeting a high-quality tender submission and contract. Finally, you and the tender sponsor will take the lead in tender clarifications and negotiations with clients after the submission of the tenders.
This position is based at our DEME Offshore Office in Breda, The Netherlands, and can make use of our network of regional offices and satellite offices and working from home regimes.
- Analyse tender documentation received from potential clients;
- work on method selection and writing proposals;
- prepare cost calculations and programming of works (planning);
- draft of installation sequence drawings;
- work on risk assessments;
- liaise with subcontractors, partners and supporting departments;
- summarizing and reporting for internal and external approval.
- You hold a BSc or a MSc Degree in a relevant discipline;
- you have at least 5 years of experience in the tendering, preparation and follow-up of in installation of oil & gas platforms, decommissioning or construction of civil infrastructures (jetties, trestles, marine terminals, dolphins and in/outtake structures);
- you can work under pressure and keep your team focused;
- you have excellent negotiations skills and commercial awareness;
- your communication is powerful, at all organizational levels;
- you are pragmatic and work in a proactive manner with a hands-on mindset and problem-solving approach;
- you have a natural ability to get things done, in a structured way and to certain deadlines. Being flexible, you consider change as your friend, not your enemy;
- you are a natural leader, driving your team forward to excellence.
- you are an experienced user of the most common MS Office applications. Knowledge of planning programs, such as MS Project and/or Primavera is an asset.
- you are prepared to travel abroad for short missions.
- An extensive mobility program for a healthy work-life balance;
- a permanent training track which allows you to develop yourself personally and professionally;
- a stimulating, innovative workplace with numerous growth opportunities;
- a people-oriented environment with an interactive health program and a focus on employee wellbeing.